Snoflyer Advertisers Please Support Them!
WSSA SNOWMOBILE & POWER SPORTS EXPO & SWAP MEET (Oct '19)
- Join us in Puyallup on October 19th & 20th for the kick-off to winter in the Pacific Northwest! Details can be found at our dedicated Expo website www.wssaexpo.com.
Hope to see you there!
JULY SNOFLYER (Oct '19)
- Click here for the October issue of the Snoflyer.
Looking for the page-flipper version? Click here.
UPCOMING CLUB EVENTS (Aug '19)
- As we roll into fall, clubs around the state are holding events, gearing up for the upcoming snowmobile season. Check out the list below. (If your club has an event, send the details to firstname.lastname@example.org and he will post them on the website event calendar, list them below, and post to the WSSA Facebook page.)
November 9th -
Spokane Winter Knights Snow Show - Click here to go to their snow show website.
November 16th -
Bavarian Boondockers Snofest - Click here to go to the Bavarian Boondockers' Facebook page.
WA WINTER RECREATION PROGRAM MANAGER WINS TOP AWARD (Jun '19)
- Pamela McConkey, our Washington State Winter Recreation Program Manager, recently won the Professional Excellence Award from her peers in the International Association of Program Administrators at the recently concluded International Snowmobile Congress held in Grand Rapids, MI. Congratulations Pamela; a well-deserved award! Check out the State Parks press release here: https://parks.state.wa.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=515
WSSA AWARD WINNERS ANNOUNCED! (Mar '19) - WSSA congratulates the following annual award winners. Thank you all for your commitment to snowmobiling and snowmobilers in Washington.
- Snowmobile Couple of the Year - Ron & Dee Alred
- Snowmobile Club President of the Year - Tom Shields
- Snowmobile Club of the Year - Spokane Winter Knights
- Snowmobile Dealer of the Year - Lifestyles Honda, Mt. Vernon
- Snowmobile Groomer of the Year - Travis Martinek, Back Country Grooming
WASHINGTON SNOWMOBILE TRAIL MAP APP NOW AVAILABLE FOR ANDROID & IPHONE! (Jan '19)
Snowmobile WA offers enthusiasts the information they need to hit the trail. Heading to an area without cell service, you can download data for a region so you can use the maps off-line. The app shows trails, trail heads
, places to ride, and select businesses that cater to snowmobilers. Trails include groomed routes that make up the Washington Sno-Park system, other roads popular with snowmobile clubs, and connected trails in Priest Lake Idaho and the Tollgate area of the Umatilla
National Forest in Oregon. Click on a trailhead
to learn what pass is required along with information about facilities and parking. The public lands background tells you where you can ride off trail, where you have stay on designated trails, and where snowmobiles are not allowed so you can have fun and stay legal. Each trail and trailhead
also links to the appropriate avalanche forecast so you can check conditions before you head out. Click here for helpful app use info.
NOTICE OF FINAL DETERMINATION FOR TEANAWAY COMMUNITY FOREST RECREATION PLAN (Nov '18)
- Click here
to view the Notice of Final Determination for Teanaway
Community Forest Recreation Plan. Among other things, the document contains comments submitted and the DNR's responses to them.
IS YOUR SNOWMOBILE CLUB THRIVING? (Dec '17)
- At the November WSSA Leadership Meeting, Jon Ferrian
, WSSA's Safety Chair/NWAC
Board member/member of multiple clubs, presented a PowerPoint
presentation on building and maintaining a thriving club. Check it out and see if there are ideas in it for you. (Do you have something to add?If so, let us know!) Click here for the presentation.
OSV DESIGNATIONS ON NATIONAL FORESTS (Dec '17)
- It's coming! The Forest Service has been directed to complete travel plans for over-snow vehicles (OSV
). This process will require diligence on the part of snowmobilers to ensure we don't lose any important trails or riding areas. While it hasn't started in ernest here in WA, it has in CA. Check out this letter sent to the Lassen
National Forest by the BlueRibbon
Coalition. Issues pertaining to the Pacific Crest Trail are relevant here. Read the letter here.
NATURE CONSERVANCY LAND MANAGEMENT PLAN RELEASED (Dec '15)
- Of interest to snowmobilers is an article from the Ellensburg
Daily Record regarding the Management Plan for the Nature Conservancy lands purchased last year. It's good news for snowmobilers and other motorized recreationists
. (Remember though this is privately-owned land and our good stewardship must continue!) Check it out here
WSSA MEMBERSHIP BRINGS DISCOUNT FOR LIFE FLIGHT NETWORK (Nov '16)
- UPDATED! Northwest MedStar is now Life Flight Network.
Seconds count when a critically ill or injured patient needs specialized medical attention, and so does the medical team caring for you. From bases all over the Northwest, Life Flight Network safely transports thousands of patients each year in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Western Montana, Northern Nevada and Northern California. Life Flight Network, a non-profit organization, is the region's premier critical care transport service dedicated to the safe, compassionate care for thousands of critically ill or injured patients each year through helicopter, fixed wing and ground-based transports to health care facilities throughout the Pacific Northwest. The price is $45 a year, or $225 for five; a bargain if you ever need this emergency service. Click here
for the WSSA
/Life Flight Network membership application. Visit www.lifeflight.org
for the details of this life-saving insurance.
LOOKING FOR SNOWMOBILE SAFETY AND ACCESS INFORMATION? (Jun '14)
- The Snowmobile Safety and Access Information Center is provided by the American Council of Snowmobile Associations in fulfillment of a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Federal Highway Administration (FHWA
) to support snowmobile safety and access training and product development. Your one stop shop; click here
to visit www.snowmobileinfo.org!
WSSA IS ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM & TWITTER (Jan '10)
- Search "Washington State Snowmobile Association" on Facebook and become a fan! We are "wssa
.us" on Instagram. Check us on Twiter
too at "wssaus